Monarch ButterflyI read an awesome quote on Facebook. "Those who do not believe in Magic will not find it." Roal Dahl

caterpillar pictures, butterfly pictures, butterflies pictureMagic is all around us if we take the time to look.

butterfly pictures, butterflies picturebutterfly pictures, butterflies picture
The magic of Mother Nature  creates the beautiful butterfly from a caterpillar.


 Bulbs can become flowers year after year. Look at Beth's recent blogs to see the beauty and Magic of Mother Nature!


Writers Believe.

 We start with an idea, a character, or a situation.  Some writers face a blank piece of paper, while others stare at a computer screen.  The magic that begins in the mind of a person can spin into tales of all kinds.

As a child I created the pretend games we played. I made up stories to entertain the other kids. Why was I the one to make up characters and situations? Who knows? Children have pretend tea parties and talk to their toys. Some children have imaginary friends, while others do not. Are these friends imaginary or do adults and other children just not see them?     

I think we can make our own magic just as some of us create stories. Artists of all kinds create visual images. Inventors create the magic that allows me to touch little white keys and see words on a lighted screen of my laptop and then send this message over invisible waves or whatever that make up the Internet.

Imagine it and share it, if you can.

What is your magic? How have you helped it along?

Some folks consider time spent on Facebook to be wasted time. I found this idea there. Do you have an opinion about spending time with social media?



12 comments

  1. HoweHowse // March 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM  

    The magic of social media has, for me, kept more family and friends accessible in this day and age of too busy to write or call.

  2. Mary Marvella // March 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM  

    Thanks for commenting, HoweHowse.

    I love the fact that I can keep up with "kids" I taught more than 29 years ago. Hearing about what they are doing makes me happy. I can offer hugs when bad things happen to them.
    Keeping up with writing friends is a bug plus!

    NO GAMES for me! I really don't have time for them.

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // March 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM  

    I believe in magic. It surrounds us everyday. The arrival of Spring with its flowers and birds and bugs is another evidence of the magic of life.

    Social media? Yes, it helps to keep in touch with friends and to make new friends. It is also a useful for building a platform for our readers

  4. Mary Marvella // March 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM  

    Thanks for the comments, Scarlet! I believe in the miracles/magic of life.

  5. Pamela Varnado // March 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM  

    Hi Mary. I love the art in your post. Simple yet elegant. It takes me a while because I'm still learning how to maneuver around in Facebook, but I think social media is worth the effort. I've met lots of new people and am always happy to learn what others are doing.

  6. Mary Ricksen // March 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM  

    There is magic in knowing someone like you MM! And all of you!

  7. Beth Trissel // March 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM  

    What a beautiful post. I love it.

  8. Mary Marvella // March 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM  

    Thanks, Pam, I didn't know if I could put the art on the post. It worked! Magic, indeed!

  9. Mary Marvella // March 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM  

    Mary R, you are indeed a magic person and we all enjoy that magic! This is a fabulous group of folks!

  10. Mary Marvella // March 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM  

    Thanks, Beth. I like to keep things simple. Well, the fancy flying butterfly wasn't simple. grin

  11. Barbara Monajem // March 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM  

    I'm a total fan of magic -- just love writing about it! And it does surround us, doesn't it?

    I like Facebook for keeping in touch with people and getting to know others.

  12. Mary Marvella // March 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM  

    I'm with you Barbara! I love writing about magic. Finding the right person to love is magic!

    Many stories I read are pure magic and hard work.

    Despite allergies, I love the flowers and blooms that grow from so little.