Okay, keeping in mind I'm only about 8 hours late on this blog, I profusely apologize. One thing in my favor, I waded through the proverbial mud and made it here. Again let me say I am so sorry to be posting so late.


This has been a crazy month for me and the Black Rose Line. We are suddenly busier than ever with submissions. Yay! That means we are doing our jobs and putting the line out there and keeping it visible. I am also excited to announce that we have just unveiled our new Black Rose Blog and I have been busy with the setup and invites and on and on... I know Mama knows all about that. Please drop by and meet the editors and authors. September is introduction month and we will be in full swing as of October 1st.

Also, at the Black Rose Line we have the much anticipated release of the Got Wolf? anthologies. If you remember we celebrated last year with the kick off of a writers' contest, namely Got Wolf? Well those winning stories are included in two anthology collections(Volume 1 to release 10/9 and Volume 2 to release 10/16).

We will be celebrating the releases and Paranormal month at TWRP on the blog with give-aways and author spotlights all month long. Get to know the books, the authors, the creatures they write about and the history behind them. Also, we will have articles on the history of Halloween/Samhain itself and how it is celebrated all over the world.

Don't miss the festivities this year. It promises to be lots of fun. TWRP itself will be having lots going on as well. When I have more details on this, I will certainly let you all know. Paranormal month at The Wild Rose Press includes both Black Rose and Faery Rose Imprints so it will definitely be a blast.

Please do drop by the blog and check us out. Black Rose is always looking for that unique dark paranormal story with an unexpected twist on the traditional creatures who dwell in the darker side of the garden. For more detail on submissions guidelines please visit our submissions page.


I'm here if you have any questions. Thank you for having me here today or should I say this evening.



Callie Lynn Wolfe
Senior Editor, Black Rose Imprint
The Wild Rose Press
callielynnwrp@aol.com







18 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // September 12, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

    Callie we are please you found your way over to the fuzzies! Gosh, sounds like an exciting time over at TWRP! Gotta go check it all out!

  2. Mary Marvella // September 12, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

    The Black Rose line is racing along!
    Good work!

  3. Judith Keim // September 12, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

    Great to have you here, Callie! There's such a buzz about the TWRP that it's gotta make you happy! Love the idea of having a different month for featuring certain types of books. Good luck with everything! Again, thanks for joining the Pink Fuzzies...

  4. Callie Lynn // September 12, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

    Evening Scarlett, Mary M, and Judy.

    Yes! TWRP is really getting lots of attention and along with that my line. I am very excited about October, because as you may well imagine, it is my favorite time of year and holiday, and of course, it is the Paranormal season bar none, LOL

    Thanks for dropping in and commenting.

    Callie Lynn

  5. Beth Trissel // September 12, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

    Great post, Callie. Hurrah for the Wild Rose Press.

  6. Beth Trissel // September 12, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

    Great post, Callie. Hurrah for the Wild Rose Press.

  7. Scarlet Pumpernickel // September 12, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

    Callie, how about a time-travel-sci-fi-ghost-goddess story? MM and I started a story on a lark, but the characters soon took over and ran with their own story!

    Scarlet

  8. Catherine Bybee // September 13, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

    These books are already on my TBR list! Looking forward to them. Congrats to all the authors.

  9. Anonymous // September 13, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

    Love those GW covers, Callie. And if you post within the 24hrs you signed up for, it's an official post! :) I have to rationalize that way myself many days. ;)

  10. Skhye // September 13, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

    I was anonymous. Hit the wrong button...

  11. Callie Lynn // September 13, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

    Hey Beth, I just saw yet another great review with your name on it! Five Smacks! I sent the info into Mama Mary to post for me as I didn't have the access to my email addies where I was at the time.

    You may have already seen it but hey nothing wrong with tooting the horn yet again:)

    Callie Lynn

  12. Callie Lynn // September 13, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

    Hey, Skhye, I tend to agree with your there. LOL I did make it within the 24 hour period, but I absolutely HATE BEING LATE for anything.

    Scarlett, I will be going back to the archives this month and taking a gander at the story you and Mama Mary have collaborated together to write:)

    Just forewarning you:)

    Callie Lynn

  13. Helen Hardt // September 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

    Callie, what an exciting time for Black Rose! I'm honored to be among the GW winners and am looking forward to both releases. You ladies of darkness rock!

    Helen

  14. Pamela Varnado // September 13, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

    Callie,
    Your excitement is contagious. I definitely have to check out all the goodies over at the WRP.

  15. Mona Risk // September 13, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

    Hi Callie, you have beautiful book covers on the blog. What an exciting time for the Black Rose line, but then it's always fun at the Wild Rose Press. I think we are lucky to belong there.

  16. Josie // September 13, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

    Thank you, Callie, for your informative post. The Wild Rose Press is the best!

  17. Mary Ricksen // September 13, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

    Hi Callie, fancy meetin' you here!

    I love wolves as I know you do. I am looking forward to both of the books.
    They both look great. Yeah for TWRP's Black Rose line!

  18. Autumn Jordon // September 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

    I love the covers!
    Congrats, Helen for being one of the authors. You must be so excited. I'll definitely have to check this line out during October.

    Autumn Jordon
    www.autumnjordon.com