This is the view of my backyard during the summer. Isn't the lake lovely?


During the winter, the lake behind our house is dropped (it's dammed on both ends so the Corps of Engineers can control the depth.) This year it went down 9 or 10 feet, so we have no water behind the house, not so lovely a sight. Plus, the hubs seems to have developed an allergy to cold weather. We make our escape to Titusville, FL to wait out the cold and the Corps. By the time we go home, the water is coming back up. So what does that have to do with golf carts and electric cars? Hold on! I'm getting to it!

Some of you may know, we travel in a 40ft motorhome we've affectionately named "Moby", as in the whale.

You can see from the picture why!


When in Florida, we stay at The Great Outdoors Resort. We've been coming here for years. One of the first things we noticed was how people got around inside the resort. Some used bikes, but as this is a golf resort, most of the residents rode around in golf carts. Many were the carts you see on every course.

Here is a row of them parked for church on Sunday morning. Yep. They drive these to church instead of cars.Here's a close up of one of the cars.
Here is another "car" sitting beside the typical golf cart. Look at the headlight and parking lights. Some of these have turn signals!
But also saw some cars like the yellow and white one above. Not a golf cart at all, but an electric car.

But, some of the residents have some wonderful versions of golf carts. I thought I'd share some of the creativity of golf carts companies the people who live here. Enjoy!





Black Model-T. Front, Side, and Rear views.





White Model-T. Front and back











When I to this point, I gave up trying to put the pictures into an eye-pleasing format! (darn Blogger). So the rest will be just centered on the page. Enjoy!







Red Mercedes Front (above)
and rear (below)


Side view of a red Hummer

Back of Mustang cart.

Yellow Hummer, Front and Side.
And yes, that is me sitting in the drver's seat. The owner INSISTED. I didn't fight too much!








I hope you enjoyed the cars. In case you wondered, until this year, I didn't have a tiny car to run around in, but for 2009, we rented a spot that came with an electric golf cart, so I'm one of the minions zipping around the park in a cart. It's just a plain golf cart, but it does have SPINNERS ON THE WHEELS! LOL

Next time, I'll post some pictures of the various RV lots, executive suites, club houses, etc.

Hope you're enjoying my tour of TGO.

Until Next Time.

21 comments

  1. Josie // January 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

    Cyndi,
    What an enjoyable way to get around. We live on the golf course in a resort community in South Carolina. Lots of people get around by golf carts, but not like the ones you pictured. Fun and practical!

  2. Anonymous // January 5, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

    Cyndi,
    My brother lives across from a golf ccourse, and his wife started playing a couple of years ago. For her birthday the year she started playing, she wanted a cart that was street legal so she could drive it to the GC.
    She also got new pink clubs. I think that was the only year she played very much, but she's got all the goodies if she ever wants to again.
    ;)
    Enjoyed the pics!

  3. Kristen Painter // January 5, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

    HOw fun! I would totally drive one of those if I could have one that looked like Barbie's pink Jeep.

  4. Nightingale // January 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

    What fun! I'll take the Hummer and Mary B. will take the Mustang. Thanks Cyndi for letting us know about the world of golf carts beyond the norm.

  5. Anonymous // January 5, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

    Thanks guys.

    Joanne - fun and practical. Seriously. Electric only, so no motor noise.

    What kind of car did she end up with Susan?

    Kristen - There is a new red jeep here this year. I didn't get a picture of it yet. Want to see it?

    Linda - I ADORE the Hummer too, but I have to tell you, those model T's are awfully cute. So is the new Jeep!

  6. Donna Caubarreaux // January 5, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

    Oh, how I would love a Bentley. What fun!

  7. Edie Ramer // January 5, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

    Cyndi, the golf cars look so cute. I like the idea of driving them around. It would be a little cold out by me today, though. It might be a little slippery too, with the ice on the roads.

    Enjoy the warmth for me!

  8. Anonymous // January 5, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

    Donna - Haven't seen a Bentley, but I'll be on the lookout!

    Edie - it's WARM here today and I'm loving it. It's sleeting and 32 at home in Arkansas too.

  9. Shada_Royce // January 5, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

    I am SO JEALOUS! Look at that sunshine! Sigh...raining and icy here in Central AR today. Girl - the Diamonds miss your face!

  10. Mary Marvella // January 5, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

    WOW! Sounds like a blast. I had no idea there was such a variety of golf carts.

    Love the photos.

  11. Anonymous // January 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

    Love the post, Cyndi. Can't wait for the RV post.

  12. Mary Ricksen // January 5, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

    Cyndi that is so cool. Like a little village and little cars to get around. I love it! And what fun to have your cart look like a model T or any of the others. I like the mustang one myself. I wish I could live in one of those RV's they look so inviting and comfortable.

  13. Keri Ford // January 5, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

    What fun! I can just imagine ya'll down there drag racing against each other in those little things.

    But I'll take a model-t or a mustang!

  14. Anonymous // January 5, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

    Keri - Racing? BRAWAHAHAHAHA Security patrol would have you pulled over in a nanosecond, but then, unless they've been "souped up", most of the go about the same speed.

  15. Unknown // January 5, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

    I love the lined-up "cars" at church. What a fun way to get around.

    We had a high of 20 above today--warm for MN in Jan.

    Enjoy the sunshine.

  16. Mona Risk // January 5, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

    Great pictures and cute carts. a few years ago, we visited a colleague of my husband who retired near Dayton. He lives in a golf resort and moves around in his golf cart. We thought it was really neat.

  17. Beth Trissel // January 5, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

    Wow, I had no idea there were so many different kinds. I could use one here on the farm.

  18. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 5, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

    Cyndi,
    Love the pictures. So cute and really look like fun to get around the resort in! Enjoyed the sun also, it's raining here in Georgia. Wonderful post. Just as uplifting as when I browse through my Mediterranean vacation pictures. Hey, I like the idea of the pink Barbie Jeep!

    Scarlet

  19. Mary Marvella // January 5, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

    You should ask for one!

  20. Shayla Kersten // January 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

    Woo hoo! Finally you post the carts! I've been waiting since we chatted about it. I love them.

    How fun! And how green! I want the Model T! Of course, the black one! And yes, it was rainy, cold, sleeting and generally yucky for my return to the evil day job! Don't know if I can make it a week or more! LOL

  21. Teresa Reasor // January 6, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

    Cyndi:
    I loved the cars. I want one.
    Teresa