Disclaimer: I'm not a photographer, and I don't really have a garden. It's more like a wildlife preserve.


It's been a cool year so far, but here at last is the first ripe blackberry. Usually they're all ripe by now and mostly eaten by birds. (Not that I don't like blackberries, but the mosquitoes like munching on me.)


It's been rainy, too, and this week mushrooms popped up everywhere.


Even a blue one. Is it really blue, or is that mold?


This is my favorite -- a hat!


And farewell from the rosemary bush, which thrives regardless of neglect and the weather.



7 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM  

    Barbara, we've had quite a bit of rain here as well, and the mushrooms are sprouting everywhere. There was on huge one in the middle of the front lawn that looked like a flattened rose. it was almost a foot wide and velvety white. DH dug it up. Little toad stooles everywhere. I love it when they make fairy rings.

  2. Beth Trissel // June 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM  

    I enjoyed visiting your wildlife preserve, Barbara.

  3. Pamela Varnado // July 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM  

    Barbara, if we look close enough there is beauty in everything. Thanks for sharing.

  4. Mary Marvella // July 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM  

    Hey, I stopped here but forgot to comment.
    I live the photos!

  5. Barbara Monajem // July 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM  

    Hi, Scarlet -- I've never had a fairy ring on my lawn. That must be so cool.

    Thanks, Beth. Drop by anytime!

    Hi, Pam. Some of those mushrooms were almost invisible, so you really had to look close.

    Thanks, Mary!

  6. Mary Ricksen // July 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM  

    Love the pics. Those little wild raspberries bring back memories...

  7. debjulienne // February 17, 2014 at 9:33 PM  

    Barbara, with all the crazy weather we've had I'm afraid to go out in the yard and see what I have to deal with...You're giving me courage, Bless you!