Musings

Posted by Nightingale | 5:16 PM | 8 comments »


Five o’clock in the morning, and I’m sitting at my computer. Today is my “flex day” (I work a little over each day and get one day per month off). This gives me some time to write, and a long weekend really feels good. I decided to do a stream-of-consciousness blog even though I’m not really conscious so early. Definitely not a morning person, but I couldn’t sleep and contemplating the ceiling isn’t working for inspiration.

I had sent one of my fallen angel stories to The Wild Rose Press, Scarlet line. They asked for rewrites, i.e. heat it up, or I could send it to the Faery line. I’m contemplating which way to go with it. Seems sensible, since the Scarlet editor liked it, to stay there and try to turn up the thermostat. If I’m going to write erotica, I need a pen name!

Seems fallen angels are the new wave. Viking Press released Angelology as a hard cover (with a dynamic cover). This is a debut novel by Danielle Trussoni and stars the Grigori, the angels who married human women and sired the Nephilim. I have written a book about the Grigori leader Azazel, but it is as yet unpublished.

8 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // April 3, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

    Yep, fallen angels and demons are in. Take advantage, girl! Doncha love we we like your story but.....

  2. Mary Ricksen // April 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

    They are in! I like after you make the changes and they say great!
    Which doesn't happen often. But in this case, I have a good feeling!

    Go girl! We love you and I am holding my breath till you make the changes and resubmit!

    Will you pretend you don't know me when you're famous!!!!

  3. Nightingale // April 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

    Thanks Mary's. When I'm famous, I like the sound of that--I'll go on that Florida cruse!

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // April 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

    Linda Lark? Linda Night? Gail Knight? Gayle Birdsong? Something more steamy? Angel Knight? Heat up that puppy and send it in! Do we need to have a write in where MM and all the rest of the fuzzies help you turn it up? That would be fun! We could do it on the loop or create our own loop for the hot stuff! Now get busy and write those long torid loves scenes. What exactly can an Angel do with his wings? Hummmmmmmmmmmmm Oh, that tickles.

  5. Judith Keim // April 4, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

    Hard to think which way to go when an editor is offering you options...guess you have to go with your heart and make changes that satisfy you and the editor...Good luck with it!!

  6. Nightingale // April 4, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

    Scarlet you are a hoot! What can he do with his wings? Wrap you up all snug and hide from the world. We could do a write up on the loop. That would be fun, but how do you do a 3-5 page love scene. MM has one of them steaming it up.

  7. Joelle Charbonneau // April 4, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

    Fallen angels really do seem to be the recent trend. I know lots of publishers are buying them right now. Good luck with your book. I'll be curious to see if you decide to turn up the heat.

  8. Josie // April 5, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

    Fallen angels are in? Who knew? I must be behind on this trend. Go for it!