6 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // October 17, 2007 at 10:21 AM  

    I love this quote from the very delightful 'Importance of Being Earnest.' The movie version of the play is wonderful. Even my teenage daughter greatly appreciates Oscar Wilde's wit.

  2. Cinthia Hamer // October 17, 2007 at 9:10 PM  

    Don't you just love Wilde? He had such a sly acerbic wit.

    For me, 35 was okay, but I was too entangled in the daily drama of kids and all they entail to enjoy it as much as I might have.

    45, on the other hand, was heaps of fun. My kids were more or less adults. I kind of had an empty nest...or more accurately a "revolving door" for when the nestlings needed a bit of mothering for a while, but all in all, it was great.

    I figure at 55, I'll be enjoying the grandkids and hopefully, I'll hear comments like 'You look too young to have grandkids!'

    Heh-heh!

  3. Mary Marvella // October 17, 2007 at 10:11 PM  

    Hey, ladies!

    Since my daughter is 35 I guess I'll have to be another age. Sometimes she thinks I'm younger than she is. Or is that immature? I'd be in my second childhood but if I could leave the first one.

    Mary

  4. Nightingale // October 18, 2007 at 4:55 PM  

    Oscar is my man, Man! Guess you can tell. I saw the movie, Beth, and Dorian Gray about a hundred times. In my rewrite of Sinners Opera, I'm using a quote at the beginning each chapter, most from the Wilde Man. Here's another from Earnest. "Do not speak ill of society, Algie. Only people who can't get in do that."
    Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest.

    Oh, did you see the movie Wilde?

  5. Beth Trissel // October 21, 2007 at 8:21 AM  

    I haven't seen the movie 'Wilde' but have enjoyed An Ideal Husband, I believe, it's called. Wilde is every so clever and witty in that one too.

  6. Misc. Muse // October 24, 2007 at 3:37 PM  

    35 Sounds good to me. Just wish my body would cooperate- LOL I was never this tired at 35, I had 2 young children and third one was yet to be- had him at 38. I think he was the one who kept me young. After all he says I am his "cool" mom. LOL