Ah, Johnny.
He draws you into his arms and holds you close, lips grazing your neck and lingering there with soft kisses. Tiny, tight shivers dance through your body. His hands ease up your waist, excruciating in their slowness, and caress your….
Ouch!
Dang those vampire teeth.
But wouldn’t you want Johnny nibbling your neck? If not, you might get to see it happen to someone else.
Johnny Depp’s production company, Infinitum-Nihil and GK Films, have obtained the rights to Dark Shadows, a deliciously gothic-style series popular from 1966 to 1971. Depp, a longtime Dark Shadows fan, has mentioned his lifelong interest in the lead character Barnabas Collins, played by Shakesperean actor Jonathan Frid. A 175-year-old vampire, Barnabas is freed by a thieving drifter in the Collins family mausoleum, and the adventure begins. I expect Depp will perform in typical Johnny style: crystal clear characterization of a dark, tormented hero searching for redemption. Hey, can I be his first bite at Collinwood Mansion?

--©2007 Pamela Roller
http://www.pamelaroller.com/
www.myspace.com/pamelaroller
On Silent Wings receiving four-star reviews at Amazon

4 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // September 1, 2007 at 9:03 AM  

    Wow, Pam! Way kewl post about Depp! Loved it and am looking forward to this remake of Dark Shadows.

  2. Sherry Morris // September 1, 2007 at 9:45 AM  

    I can't wait for his next film. Johnny, pick me, pick me to...bite? LOL.

    I remember my big sister used to watch Dark Shadows when I was little. It scared me.

    Weren't there some big stars that got their starts on that show?

    Sherry
    http://www.housewifeink.com

  3. Sherry Morris // September 1, 2007 at 3:33 PM  

    All right Pam. I couldn't help myself. You put me in the mood for Johnny. I found a really cute music video on You Tube. It features clips from Pirates of the Carribean and the Johnny Depp song from Amy Anne and her band.

    http://housewifeink.wordpress.com/2007/09/01/99/

  4. Nightingale // September 2, 2007 at 9:11 PM  

    Thanks for the in-Depp info. Another note for Depp lovers. If you haven't seen The Libertine, do by all means. He starts with a monologue that I wish I'd written. It's set in the Restoration and John Malkovich plays Charles II.