Welcome Cyndi Faria,


First, I want to thank Mary Marvella for asking me to share my good news!
Hi everyone! *waving* I’m Cyndi Faria, and I write sweet, sexy, and always satisfying paranormal and contemporary romance. Of course, I love connecting with readers! Follow me on:

Okay, now that we’re connected, let’s start the fun!

On Tuesday, September 23rd—only one day away *Squee*—I’ll be releasing book 1 in my Whisper Cove Series, titled Spirit Awakened.

Blurb:

Jake Mitchell is a neurologist who doesn't trust what can't be explained. That is, until he moves to the rumor-haunted town of Whisper Cove and meets a beautiful nurse named Faith Cabrillo. When Faith awakens Jake's sixth sense that defies science, he's thrown into a world of passion, spirits, and a centuries-old lovers’ curse that can never be broken....

Cyndi here...

In Spirit Awakened, Faith has attached a negative emotion to her coffee pot. Inside her kitchen, shoved in the corner and collecting dust, she simply ignores the machine. By refusing coffee, however, she’s also refusing to deal with her pent up feelings of betrayal. Or move ahead with her love life.

Meet Dr. Jake Mitchell. From their first meeting, something about Faith piqued his interest. When he drops by for a surprise visit, however, and finds her at the threshold ready to toss a coffee pot, price tag attached, he questions her motive. And doesn’t like her answer. Soon, he discovers she’s harboring an injury he’s determined to fix. In Jake’s words, Symbols, whether a loved one’s ring or an unused coffee pot, could stir emotions that sliced the heart and soul, that made one yearn for something more or less.”

Question:

Using Faith’s example, the sound of coffee percolating, rich aroma, dark roast’s steam wafting from a mug, or the memory of the hot drink as it fills the belly, share something you’ve attach either a positive or negative emotional response to.

One lucky commenter will be entered to win a $5.00 Amazon gift card. Leave your email address, please.

I’ll go first... A jar of shells sends my mind reeling back to memories of sand between my toes, the crisp pacific splashing against my calves, the sun’s heat pulsing across my back in soothing waves. Laughter and gulls. These are memories of happy times with family and friends.






10 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // September 22, 2014 at 12:36 PM  

    I love this type story. Paranormal elements really makes the story for me! Congratulations on the new release. Thanks for stopping by the pink fuzzies to announce it. Here is wishing you many many sells!

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // September 22, 2014 at 12:42 PM  

    Cyndi,
    I mentioned over on the Romance Caper last night that Aqua Velva has special emotions attached for me. You see, as a young man my hubby wore that and I fell head over heels in love with him. The scent brings back those breath taking first kisses, the heart stopping thrill of young love. We're still together after all these years, "There's just something about an Aqua Velva Man.

  3. AngelLady // September 22, 2014 at 12:47 PM  

    I love the sound of leaves crunching under foot as I walk my two poodles. The smell of burning leaves always makes me think of my dad, he would rake them, then burn them on the farm. He always had his pipe in hand watching them burn. He always used a cherry pipe tobacco and a rum an maple pipe tobacco . I loved it and brings my dad back to me. He was a WW 2 vet. He has been gone many many years. I still miss him.

  4. Tamara LeBlanc // September 22, 2014 at 1:32 PM  

    Huge congrats on the release! I wish you the best of luck and many, many sales!!
    Have a great afternoon,
    Tamara

  5. Mary Marvella // September 22, 2014 at 8:36 PM  

    Cyndi and Linda, Daddy wore Old Spice, which I give all my heroes! Linda, our dads must have smoked the same tobacco!

  6. Cyndi Faria // September 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM  

    Scarlet, how wonderful that you connect a scent to a first kiss! And are still with your Aqua Velva Man! That's adorable.

    Linda, I can't help but inhale at the memory of my grandfather's cigar, even though I don't smoke. He was kind as I'm sure your father was too. (((hugs)))

    Tamara, Thank you for the well wishes!

    Mary, my father, too, wore Old Spice. But as a girl, I had a mad crush on a boy that wore sandalwood. Just that word makes me breathe deeply.

  7. Anonymous // September 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM  

    Congrats on your new release

  8. Mary Ricksen // September 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM  

    This looks like my kinda book!

  9. Beth Trissel // September 27, 2014 at 7:25 AM  

    Awesome sounding story. Sorry I'm late to the party.

  10. Josie // September 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM  

    Welcome, Cyndi, to the Pink Fuzzies and thanks to MM for hosting you. I'm late to the blog this week but congrats on your newest release. Your story sounds so interesting.

    For me, the smell of lilacs reminds me of a simple, happy time, when a beautiful lilac tree bloomed in my parent's backyard every spring.