Today the Pink Fuzzy Slipper Writers welcome Margo Hoornstra another of the Reunion of '85 authors. Everyone please make Margo feel welcome. Margo, please tell us about your Reunion story. (The cover for Margo's Reunion story isn't quite ready, so I borrowed the pic of her previous release. Isn't it gorgeous!)


Glad Tidings—a contemporary romance scheduled for release later this fall—is my second full length novel for e-publisher The Wild Rose Press. The story is part of the Class of ’85 series presented by the Last Rose of Summer line of Wild Rose. But, those of you reading this blog already know that. As you also already know, all the stories revolve around an invitation to the twenty-fifth reunion of a high school class from the fictional town of Summerville in upstate New York.
A holiday romance which takes place between Halloween and Christmas Eve, Glad Tidings features Bethany and Jake—two classmates who have been best friends since third grade who temporarily lose touch—for twenty some years—then rediscover each other and the love they’ve always shared.

Blurb
The holidays are never worse than when they have to be spent alone.
Once solely devoted to his career, the passage of their twenty-fifth high school reunion makes hard driving hospital CEO Jake Holbrook seriously consider what he’s missed out on in life. Especially when a special woman from his past tumbles back into it, landing directly in his bed where he’s now determined to keep her.

Family Practice physician Bethany Thomas knew it was a bad idea to sleep with her husband’s best friend. Particularly since Jake’s the one man she’d always loved. Recently widowed, and blamed by some for her own misfortune, lately she’s not big on making rational decisions. Like the one to let the old friend turned lover become her future boss.
Soon though, Jake’s precious job is on the line when Bethany unknowingly betrays him, and happily ever after may have no place in their futures.

Excerpt

Further argument gave way to a shrug of accord as they reached the entrance to her apartment building. Stopping, she faced him and brought her eyes up to meet his. At the confusion he spied in their depths, his heart seized.

“And part==most==of my reason for being here is to help see those visions through, Jake. That much I can promise you. The rest I can’t right now.”

“I’ll just have to wait until you can.”

“You’re my best friend.” She let out a sigh he decided to interpret as relief then slid one hand beneath the lapel of his suit coat where she took hold. Standing on tip toe to lean into him, she brushed soft lips across his. By the time he closed his eyes to enjoy the unexpected contact, her lips, then her body, were gone. “Brian kept me under his thumb for more than twenty years. Over the past weeks, I’ve rediscovered freedom is a marvelous thing I intend to enjoy.”

“Good luck with that.”

He gave her no chance to react as he stepped into her space and wrapped one arm around her back then used his other hand to support the nape of her neck. Lowering his head, he laid claim on her parted lips. When she stiffened, he contemplated letting her go, but couldn’t. She tasted too sweet, her body on his was too inviting. Emboldened when her arms fastened around his neck, he nudged her love warmed lips apart with his tongue. Welcome to Mynderse, Doctor Thomas. I’m glad you’re here.


Like me, the characters in my stories tend to have been around the block a few times, experienced life, overcome adversities.

For me, work as a magazine editor, newspaper contributor, television producer and script writer helped pay the bills while my husband and I raised four children along with an assortment of dogs, cats and fish. Having overcome my own share of life’s adversities, I’m still here and doing fine.

That’s the beauty of the happily ever after guarantee of romance fiction. They’ve done it, I can do it, we’re all going to be okay.

Come visit me at www.margohoornstra.com.


22 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // September 13, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

    Margo, great to have you visit with us today at the Fuzzies. One thing I've noticed is that all the covers from TWRP are beautiful! I can't wait to see what Glad Tidings will be. I'm waiting patiently for your story. Really, I am. This is so exciting, I love the concept. Thanks for sharing with us.

  2. Mary Marvella // September 14, 2010 at 12:12 AM  

    Hey, Margo! Welcome. I know you're really over the moon about this story. It sounds like a keeper.

  3. Keena Kincaid // September 14, 2010 at 1:36 AM  

    Hi, Margo,
    Your story sounds fabulous. I love the premise of all these stories...the what if, the second chances, the new opportunities.

    I'll be looking for Glad Tidings when it comes out.

  4. Stacy Dawn // September 14, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

    I love holiday stories! And what a way to prologue the series into the holiday season! Great premise!

  5. Autumn Jordon // September 14, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

    Hi, Margo. Great to hve you with us. This line sounds awesome. I can't wait to start reading them. Good luck.

  6. Jannine Gallant // September 14, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

    Hi Margo,

    Sounds like you've written a winner! I love that the stories in this series are so very different. Yours is set after the reunion. The majority of my story, Lonely Road to You, takes place on the way to Summerville. Others are set completely at the reunion. It's great that everyone has such diverse ideas. I hope it keeps readers coming back for more! I'm looking forward to reading Glad Tidings.

  7. Judith Keim // September 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

    Great to have you here, Margo. Your story sounds wonderful! Love those with more experienced heroines. Good luck with it!

  8. Kathy Cottrell // September 14, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

    I don't want to spoil Margo's fun, but Glad Tidings has one of the best opening lines I've ever had the pleasure to read. Kathy

  9. Pamela Varnado // September 14, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

    Margo, I love reading about characters who don't always make rational decisions. To me, they're more realistic. People are constantly making mistakes and decisions. That's how we learn and grow.
    I can't wait to read your story. Be sure to drop back by to give us the release date for your reunion story.

  10. Anonymous // September 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

    Tried to leave a comment earlier, but the wifi cop wouldn't let it post! Oh well, it is such fun having all the Reunion author plus their editor visiting with the fuzzies.

    Margo, spill it. We must know that first line. Please, pretty please.

  11. Donna L Bolk // September 14, 2010 at 6:17 PM  

    Hi Margo,
    I love that temporarily lose touch for twenty years line. Glad Tidings sounds like a winner. Looking forward to reading it.

  12. Mary Ricksen // September 14, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

    Great blog Scarlet and Margo. Welcome to our wonderful blog. May you sell a ton of books and become famous Margo!
    About time these kinds of romances get a chance!

  13. Mona Risk // September 14, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

    Hello Margo, welcome to the Pink Fuzzy Slippers where romance blooms at every age. Thanks for sharing an excerpt.

  14. Margo Hoornstra // September 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

    Wow, everyone. So many kind and encouraging comments. Thank you all. Since I'm new to this technology stuff, I hope I'm doing this right. And, heh-heh, no spilling of that first line Kathy talked about.

  15. Margo Hoornstra // September 14, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

    To my way of thinking, second chances are really what it's all about. Nobody gets it exactly right the first time. How boring would that be?

  16. Margo Hoornstra // September 14, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

    Okay, here's a hint. The first line in Glad Tidings and the last line in Glad Tidings are exactly the same line. Does that help?

  17. Mary Marvella // September 14, 2010 at 8:41 PM  

    Lovely job, Margo!

  18. Scarlet Pumpernickel // September 14, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

    Now when will Glad Tidings be available? I have got to read that first line!

    Margo is a tease! How did you get the idea for your story?

  19. Beth Trissel // September 14, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

    Welcome Margo to the Fuzzies. Sorry I'm late to the party. Your cover is just lovely and your story sounds like it is too. Congrats!

  20. Janet Halpin // September 15, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

    Looking forward to reading Glad Tidings...add me to the list of those who love holiday themed stories!

  21. Kathy Cottrell // September 15, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

    I think I goofed when I said the opening line of Glad Tidings is my fave.
    It's the closing line of the first scene.
    Sorry Margo--and everyone--for the confusion.
    I hope this entices even more readers to check out this darling story.
    Kathy

  22. Caroline Clemmons // September 15, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

    Margo, Best of luck with your new release! I love holiday books.