Every woman has a different vision of how their fantasy man will both look and act. Like yummy snacks, not all of us crave the sweet. Some of us lean toward the savory or the even the zesty hot type. And still, sometimes we go to the dark side and crave the unusual morsel or even both at once?

In EVIL’S WITNESS, which releases at THE WILD ROSE PRESS today (June 18), I have several male characters, but two are images from my fantasies. You got it. My hero, John Dolton, and my villain, Victor. While both men are physically different and John would turn my head first, they both possess traits I find attractive.

Emotionally, John is a tortured, rogue agent. Sort of a badass kind of guy. He likes to get down and dirty, but he cleans up real nice. This quiet type always, always gets me. I don’t care if he is an FBI agent or a cowboy or regency count. My heart pounds. I want to save them from a life of loneliness. And John’s dark, soulful eyes… Well let’s just say I could stare into them forever.


Excerpts from Evil’s Witness:
…“And this is Agent Dolton.” Zohara indicated the man who stopped in mid-pace and faced the large pane mirror.

The gun which hugged the center of the man’s back made Stephanie shiver.

He turned and his coal-colored eyes traced over her.

She openly returned his assessment. Except for the gun, he didn’t look like an FBI agent. He wore his dark brown hair longer than she thought allowed by the FBI, curling at his shirt’s collar. His square jaw was shadowed with dark stubble. His casual light blue shirt pulled across his chest and looked as if it came from the dryer and not the dry cleaners. He wore jeans, well worn….

**********

Victor on the other hand, projects the persona of well groomed professional. Tall, olive-skinned, polished men always catch my eye. More than their good looks, I think it’s their air of confidence that draws me to them. And Victor is very confident.

Tidbit from Evil’s Witness:

Did the FBI think he was stupid?

Holding a bouquet of daisies, Victor leaned against the counter while a nurse checked for the room number of a Myrtle Haupt and glanced down the corridor checking where Steph Boyd was roomed. The room was easy to spot. An armed guard barricaded the door.

“Keeping track of patient’s names day in and day out is almost impossible,” Nurse Lillian Michaels said, glancing up at him with a shy smile.

“I’m sorry to take up your time. I’m sure you are very busy.” Victor smiled back. He knew the woman was impressed with him and planned to use her innocence to the fullest.

“Here she is. Mrs. Haupt is in room D133.” Her gaze dropped to the flowers. “Beautiful flowers.”

“Yes. My great aunt’s favorite. I know she might not know me but I’m hoping the flowers will help. She used to help me pick wild daisies for my mother when we visited at my grandfather’s farm.” Victor inhaled as if the memories were almost too much for him to bear, straightened and with a mask of confusion said, “D133. Which way is that?”

“I can show you. I’m going that way.” She grabbed a tray filled with paper cups.

“That would be so kind of you.”

They strolled down the hall, chatting. The agent gave them a minute amount of attention as they passed by, but Victor knew if the agent was worth anything he’d memorized a full description of him….

*********

While Victor tried his best to take over the story, John won out and my heroine Stephanie went for John of course.

Excerpt from Evil’s Witness

Shh.” John’s hands found her hips and pulled her even closer—hip to hip. The butt of his gun poked her ribs. No protective vests shielded her from the feel of him.

His burning gaze told her of his plan only a moment before his lips, full and hot, crushed hers.

His hands trailed down her backside, lifting her into him. She ran her hands up his strong arms. The world reeled away, leaving her and John alone, enjoying the warm comfort of each other as their bodies molded together.

“Hey! Hey, buddy. What are you doing there?” A man called from a short distance.

John pulled back. Instantly the air between them cooled and Stephanie shivered, wanting more of him.

“Calm down, Mac. The lady and I are on a coffee break. Right, babe?”

Dazed, her gaze locked with his. She knew what he wanted from her.

“Miss?” The stocky man wearing a bloody butcher’s apron glanced at her purse before his hard glare landed on John. The man’s burly arms hosted clamped fists and his stance changed. He was ready to pounce on John at her word.

“Leave us alone. We’ve only got ten minutes.” Stephanie slowly laced her arms around

John’s neck and flashed a wicked smile at the man. She went up on her toes and buried her face in John’s neck and nibbled away, enjoying the salty taste of him.


So what type of man turns you on? Come one tell me. In celebration of my release today, I'm going to give one lucky commenter a download of my last release OBSESSED BY WILDFIRE. You can be anywhere in the world, but you must be 18 to receive, since the story is rated spicy. I'll post the winner Saturday noon EST, right here on this blog. So come on, tell me what's your fanasty man like?


EVIL’S WITNESS available from The Wild Rose Press, Barnes & Noble and Amazon NOW!


Visit Autumn Jordon at www.autumnjordon.com

Trailer link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_WrmpGf4l8

No part of this post may be copied or reproduced without the expressed permission of the author, Autumn Jordon.

25 comments

  1. Autumn Jordon // June 18, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

    I'm holding a special contest at my blog too. Stop over. www.autumnjordonsnotes.blogspot.com

    Thanks.

  2. Mona Risk // June 18, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

    Congratulations on your D-day, Autumn. I love the way you present John and Victor. This is a must-read book.

    BTW, Autumn is also featured on my blog: www.monarisk.blogspot.com

  3. P.L. Parker // June 18, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

    Congratulations! So exciting for you. Hope the sales go off the chart.

  4. Autumn Jordon // June 18, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

    Thanks, Mona and Pasty. You're support means so much. Have some bubbly.

  5. Caridad Pineiro // June 18, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

    Congratulations! Hope it's a bestseller!

  6. Autumn Jordon // June 18, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

    Thanks for stopping by the party, CP. From your mouth to readers ears. ((HUGS))

  7. Barbara Monajem // June 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

    Who, me? Fantasy men? Horrors, how can you suggest such a thing?

    All my heroes are my fantasy men. And they're all different (at least to me). So much fun!

    Congratulations, Autumn!! Loved the excerpts. Victor gave me the chills.

  8. Autumn Jordon // June 18, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

    Wait to you read EW. Victor can be so evil, but he shows his heart too. I hope you enjoy.

    Thanks for the congrats.

  9. Judith Keim // June 18, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

    Autumn, such a great post. Really fun when you don't know who to go for! LOL Seriously, I like a mix of the two. Someone fun with a depth to him that fills me up! Oh, I guess I'm describing my DH! LOL

  10. Autumn Jordon // June 18, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

    I see a bit of my DH in John too, Judy. GRIN. I guess we're luckly we married our fanasty men. Or close to them. WINK

  11. Mary Marvella // June 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

    Oh, my goodness. Love it. If a bad guy doesn't tempt us, why bother?

    I also like villains who make a reader wish they could be saved, knowing they shouldn't be.

    Exciting day! Too cool. Where are the chips for the party?

  12. Autumn Jordon // June 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

    MM, Weren't you suppose to bring them? LOL.

    Really, lady, I'm glad you liked my bad guys.

    I'm so excited. The book is on sale at Barnes and Noble on the same page as James Patterson. I wonder it that will help sales?

    Popping open another bottle.

  13. Patrice // June 18, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

    Autumn,
    Great excerpt, and your book sounds like a winner to me. Congratulations, and I wish you a great many sales.
    I was married to a strong A-type personality, and I must admit that I prefer my very sweet, kind, gentle B man a whole lot better!

  14. Autumn Jordon // June 18, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

    Thanks, Patience. Same here. WINK. It's the quiet ones that get you.

    Help yourself to bubbly. (((HUGS))

  15. Jane // June 18, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

    Happy Release Day, Autumn. I love reading about tortured heroes. My fantasy man is someone who is intelligent, has a great sense of humor, loyal and likes to cook and help out with the chores.

  16. Mary Ricksen // June 18, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

    Autumn you're like a rocket, taking off and going sky high!!
    I hope you sell a million!!! Good luck sweetie!! We are all behind you!

  17. Autumn Jordon // June 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

    You had me at sense of humor. My hero has to show that side too. And a cook... He would be a GOD.
    YUM.

  18. Autumn Jordon // June 18, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

    Thanks, Mary. You the best cheerleader. SMOOCH

  19. Mary Marvella // June 18, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

    Keep partying girls!

  20. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

    Autumn congratulations on the releaswe of Evil's Witness. Loved the excerpts. Can't waiting to read your book. Wow, same page as Patterson should help sales, really!

    Now where did I put the chips and dip? Oh yeah, there it is. Have fun everyone!

  21. Autumn Jordon // June 18, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

    Awesome day, ladies. Thanks for the party and your support here and there. Back to tomorrow. WINK.

  22. Beth Trissel // June 18, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

    Mega congrats Autumn! I am very glad for you in your happy release day! I've gotten my copy. :)

  23. Autumn Jordon // June 19, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

    Did you? Really. Oh, hugs. I hope you enjoy.

  24. Autumn Jordon // June 19, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

    Mary R. You're my winner! You are one lucky lady, lady. Are you 18?

  25. Josie // June 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

    I just got back from vacation, but wanted to wish you a belated, sincere congratulations, Autumn. Personally, I like the strong, quiet type of man--the more mysterious, the better.