I met Jeane Daly, a lovely lady and dear friend, through the Critique Loop of the on-line chapter, FTHRWA--From The Heart. We were a bunch of novice writers struggling to learn and write according to rules we learned from each other.


We didn't mind reading and critiquing three, or five or even ten submissions a week, while anxiously waiting for our own submission to come back with compliments! More often than not, it came back with a lot of blue or red suggestions, comments, corrections that prompted us to revise and edit and resubmit.


Those were the days, my friends, we thought would ne-e-ver end...

But they finally ended on a happy note for many of us.

Our guest for today, Jeane Daly is a mother of five grown children. Jeane and her husband live in the coastal town of Hingham, Massachusetts. A retired nurse, she has returned to her first love, writing. Jeane, an avid reader, says there’s nothing better than getting lost in a good book or watching a Jimmy Stewart movie.

Jeane, I am so happy to welcome you on the Pink Fuszzy Slippers' blog as you await your first book, LOOKING FOR JIMMY STEWART, published by Wings-Press.

http://www.wings-press.com/Bookstore/LookingForJimmyStewart.htmpress.com/Bookstore/LookingForJimmyStewart.htm

Here are some questions for you to help our readers know you:

Q-Why did you choose this title?
A-Enjoyed all his movies - but after reading the biography of Jimmy Stewart, the husband, father, friend, decided he'd become the personality my heroine was searching for.

Q-Is the book really about James Stewart?
A-No. Only a character with his traits and gentle personality.

Q-What inspired your story?
A-A friend had been laid-off from airline for similar reasons that I'd written about. It took her almost a year to get a job. Sad to say, she's been laid-off again.

Q-How did you receive the Call?
A-Via an email.

Q-Tell us about your journey to publication.
A-I went into this as a real novice. I had taken creative writing courses in college - - but learned more from the online writing courses offered by FTH and other struggling authors. It took almost 4 yrs to complete after many revisions.

Q-Was Jimmy Stewart your favorite actor? Have you see all his movies?
A-Yes. He is my favorite actor. Such a versatile actor - a natural in every role he played.

Q- What is your favorite movie? your favorite book?
A-Sorry Jimmy, but I'd have to say, Gone With the Wind.

Here is an excerpt from the book:

Jack flattened his hands on the wall, one on each side of her head, leaned in and smiled down at her. “This may sound strange, but the last part of this evening was the most enjoyable.” His mouth, soft and warm, caught hers in an all too brief sweet kiss. Nothing passionate about it, but it reached every part of her body like an explosion.

Swimming through a haze of feelings and mixed emotions, she pushed him away.

“Why did you do that?” She struggled to catch her breath.

“I hadn’t planned on kissing you. It just happened.” He turned and opened the door.

She thought of Kimmie. “Let’s pretend it never happened, okay? I just want us to be friends, nothing more.”

“Friends it is. And I’m sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.”

She smiled, hoping she’d made herself clear. “Have a nice flight.”

Jeane, thank you for being with us today.

17 comments

  1. Judith Keim // March 16, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

    Welcome to the Fuzzies! Great to hear of your success! It sounds like a wonderful story. BTW I lived in Cohasset for a number of years. Pretty place but I love being in Florida...Good luck with everything!

  2. Jennifer Faye // March 16, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

    Jeane, great interview!!! This was a lovely story to read and crit. I'm so thrilled you got it published. Wishing you all of the best.

    By the way, Gone with the Wind is my hands down favorite movie too. *G*

  3. Beth Trissel // March 16, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

    Hello Jeane, welcome to the Fuzzies! I enjoyed your interview and super excerpt. Your unique but classy choice of hero role model also appeals to me. Jimmy was quite a guy. :)

  4. Mona Risk // March 16, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

    Jeane, what a pleasure to have you on the Pink Fuzzy Slippers. I wish you a lot of success with this lovely story.

  5. Pamela Varnado // March 16, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

    Welcome Jeanne. I enjoyed your excerpt and can't wait to hear moe about the story. I wih you many more successes.

  6. Nan D Arnold // March 16, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

    Well, heck, Jennifer Faye said everhing I was gonna say...first.Ah, Maine, wish I had a lobster roll right now! Best with book. And I, too, admired the late Jimmy Stewart. He sort of embodied "the American man".
    Nan D Arnold

  7. Carly Carson // March 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

    Hi Jeane, I live very near you. Never knew that. Congratulations on your release. I can't say I know Jimmy Stewart (tv deprived, here), but he sounds like a great guy and good hero material. Here's hoping for lots of sales!

  8. Mary Marvella // March 16, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

    MOna, thanks for bringing Jeane to us.

    Loved Jimmy and Gone with the Wind, too. Your story sounds like a must read.

  9. Tony-Paul // March 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

    I agree with Jeane's assessment of Mr. Stewart. He always personified the gentleman...with emphasis on the "gentle". I think the last movie I saw him in was the "Cheyenne Social Club" with Henry Fonda and it was such a treat...his shy, worn old cowboy playing against Fonda's grizzled curmudgeon. Welcome, Jeane!

  10. Joelle Charbonneau // March 16, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

    Hi Jeane! Welcome to the fuzzies and congratulations on the publication of your first novel. That is a senational accomplishement. I loved the interview and the excerpt. I am certain the book will be just as fabulous.

  11. Patrice Wilton // March 16, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

    Hi Jeane,
    Nice to have you here. Congrats on the sale of your first book, and I, too, have been published with Wings. Enjoy the ride, best of luck, and keep going. I enjoyed your excerpt very much.

  12. Mona Risk // March 16, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

    Posted on behalf of Jeane Daly:

    Hi Judy - Thank you for welcoming me to the Fuzzies. Cohasset, such a beautiful town. That's where the Witches of Eastwick was filmed. Happy Writing! - Jeane

    Jennifer - a wonderful critique buddy. Good luck with your writing!

    Beth, thank you for welcoming me. I've checked this site out more times - - but never dreamed this day would happen. Thank you for having me. - Jeane

    Mona, thank you so much for inviting me. You've come a long way with your talent as a writer. From the very beginning, way back when, I knew you had an exceptional gift as a writer. - Jeane

    Thank you for welcoming me Pamela. So glad you enjoyed reading about my heroine Andi Temperly. - Jeane

    Hi Nan from Maine. I like your referral to Jimmy S. as "the American man." Couldn't agree more. Looking forward to my lobster roll, too. Thanks for your comments. - Jeane

    Hi Carly - Thanks for joining me today. This is all very exciting and I feel so welcome. Love to know where you live. Good luck in your writing. Jeane

    Hi Mary. Thanks for welcoming me. I don't know of anyone who doesn't like JS or Gone With the Wind. - Jeane

    Hi Tony-Paul. Thank you for joining me today. I loved that movie--it was sooo funny! - Jeane

  13. Scarlet Pumpernickel // March 16, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

    Jeane, welcome to the Pink Fuzzies, we're pleased that you came to visit us. You novel sounds like a very interesting read. Jimmy Stewart is indeed the personification of the perfect male.

  14. Mona Risk // March 16, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

    Posted on behalf of Jeane Daly:

    Hi Joelle - Thanks for the welcome and your kind remarks. I think for any newly published writer this is an exciting time . . To have my peers say they like my storyline is amazing to say the least. Thanks - Jeane

    Nice hearing from you Patrice. The people at Wings are terrific, nice to work with. Thanks for your comments. Jeane

  15. Jeane Daly // March 16, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

    Hi Scarlet.
    It's nice being here today and I've enjoyed it thoroughly.
    Thank you for having me.
    Jeane

  16. Mary Ricksen // March 16, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

    Welcome and thanks for posting for the PFS! What an amazing title, I love it.
    I wish you success and many sales. Good luck!

  17. Josie // March 18, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

    Thank you, Jeane, for visiting the Pink Fuzzies and giving a wonderful interview. Best wishes for your continued success.