I'm here!

Posted by Mary Ricksen | 8:34 PM | , , , , , | 5 comments »

Well ladies, if this post reaches the blog, I am in business. I can tell you all about how when the phone rings, Junior, (who has a very big voice), starts to bark. Now I have no idea why. It's really funny because he starts just before the phone rings.

I could tell you how I have finally trained my canary,(known for not being finger friendly), to hop onto my finger. Now it helps that he falls asleep in his food dish,(he thinks it's a nest), while singing to what he thinks is his mate, me. When he is sleeping in the food dish I stuck my finger near him, and he did it!

Maybe I could tell you how sad I was to find a dead cat in my pool. I cried for days, not understanding why he didn't just get out?

And yes it finally happened. My twenty year old dryer has been replaced. My husband could not fix it. Yeah! He wanted me to have a clothesline, but I balked.

Or maybe I'll tell you about the thrill I had on the 4th of July. One of my neighbors had a launcher and we saw fireworks as good as they get. Right from my front yard. Luckily it had rained that day and no fires started. But it was like a war zone. I could hear and see fireworks in every direction. And some gun fire thrown in for good measure.

And today my niece told me she loves me more than a zillion stars in the sky, now that's nice.

I can tell you about all kinds of things. And I think I will!

5 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // July 11, 2008 at 11:55 PM  

    It worked!

  2. Anonymous // July 12, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

    Your post made me laugh. You know why? My dogs don't bark when then phone rings, but I have a large parrot who yells "Hello" when I answer. Sometimes he says Hello before I can!

    Now, the doorbell....the dogs do nuts

  3. Beth Trissel // July 12, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

    Lovely post, Mary. I much enjoyed it.

  4. Mary Ricksen // July 12, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

    Thanks all. It worked good too!

  5. Josie // July 16, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

    Mary,
    I love your voice! Very witty, and it reminded me of the late and great Erma Bombeck.